Nevada Beef Macaroni
|Beef||2 Pound (Round Or Rump)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Macaroni||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Ready Cut)|
1) Take a pan and prepare a meat stock adding thyme, water, salt and pepper to it.
2) Cover the pan and simmer until the meat becomes tender.
3) Take a frying pan and melt the fat in it before browning the onions and garlic.
4) Add tomatoes and basil to it and season with salt and pepper.
5) Simmer the contents in a covered pan for 20 minutes.
6) Remove the meat from the stock replacing it with the macaroni.
7) Cook the macaroni in stock for 9 minutes.
8) Add the tomatoes just 5 minutes before the cooking process gets done.
9) The meat can also be cooked for 30 minutes in a pressure cooker under 15 pounds of pressure.
10) The macaroni in stock can be cooked for 9 minutes with the pressure cooker kept uncovered.
11) Serve the meat along with the prepared tomatoes while the macaroni can be served along with some grated cheese.
Calories 1014 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.7%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.8 mg54.9%
Sodium 384.6 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 63 g126.9%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 34.5%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 48.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet