Sausage Mac & Cheese Casserole
|Breakfast sausage||1 Pound (Mild, Wampler Brand Recommended)|
|Macaroni||7 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Cream of celery soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Evaporated milk||12 Ounce (1 Large Can, Carnation)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, shredded|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Treat a large casserole dish with non-stick spray.
2. Brown the sausage in a heavy skillet. Break it up into small pieces while it is cooking. Drain on a paper towel.
3. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook to al dente. Check the back of the macaroni package for the recommended cooking time and subtract 2 minutes. The macaroni will get a second cooking in the oven, so it should not be overcooked at this point. Drain into colander.
4. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, chedder and celery soups, and the evaporated milk. Taste for seasoning. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
5. Sprinkle the mixture with the shredded cheese and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
For more delicious recipes, you can purchase Potluck Survival Guide on Amazon.com