Sausage Mac & Cheese Casserole
|Breakfast sausage||1 Pound (Mild, Wampler Brand Recommended)|
|Macaroni||7 Ounce (1 Box)|
|Cream of celery soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Evaporated milk||12 Ounce (1 Large Can, Carnation)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, shredded|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Treat a large casserole dish with non-stick spray.
2. Brown the sausage in a heavy skillet. Break it up into small pieces while it is cooking. Drain on a paper towel.
3. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cook to al dente. Check the back of the macaroni package for the recommended cooking time and subtract 2 minutes. The macaroni will get a second cooking in the oven, so it should not be overcooked at this point. Drain into colander.
4. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, chedder and celery soups, and the evaporated milk. Taste for seasoning. Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
5. Sprinkle the mixture with the shredded cheese and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
For more delicious recipes, you can purchase Potluck Survival Guide on Amazon.com
Calories 811 Calories from Fat 482
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.7%
Saturated Fat 26.6 g133%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 152.2 mg50.7%
Sodium 1686.8 mg70.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 39 g78.6%
Vitamin A 23% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 78% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet