Macaroni With Sauteed Mushrooms
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked spaghetti||8 Ounce|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms/2 cups sliced canned mushrooms||1 Pound|
1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F. Fill a pan half full of hot water. Rub a 2-quart ring mold with margarine or butter.
2. Melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine in a saucepan, stir in the flour smoothly and add the milk slowly. Stir and simmer 5 minutes. Add the salt, mix and remove from the heat. Let cool slightly.
3. Beat the eggs to a foam, stir into the sauce, add the spaghetti.
4. Turn this mixture into the ring mold and place the mold in the pan of hot water. Bake 30 minutes.
5. Unmold on a warmed platter. Fill the center with the mushrooms sauteed in the remaining butter 5 minutes and seasoned with the sherry.