Family Favorite Macaroni
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|American cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned tuna||9 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook until limp but not browned. Stir in flour. Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes, mashing tomatoes against the side of the saucepan with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in milk, rosemary and salt. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
4. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain in colander.
5. Combine onion-tomato mixture with macaroni, American cheese and tuna. Pour mixture into a shallow 2-quart casserole.
6. Combine Parmesan cheese- and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
7. Bake about 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.