Family Favorite Macaroni
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|American cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned tuna||9 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook until limp but not browned. Stir in flour. Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes, mashing tomatoes against the side of the saucepan with the back of a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in milk, rosemary and salt. Return to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
4. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain in colander.
5. Combine onion-tomato mixture with macaroni, American cheese and tuna. Pour mixture into a shallow 2-quart casserole.
6. Combine Parmesan cheese- and bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
7. Bake about 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3426 Calories from Fat 1577
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 177 g271.6%
Saturated Fat 97.3 g486.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 473 mg157.7%
Sodium 4180.8 mg174.2%
Total Carbohydrates 269 g89.6%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.5%
Sugars 30.3 g
Protein 195 g389.1%
Vitamin A 156.7% Vitamin C 93.7%
Calcium 225.5% Iron 96.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet