1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Tear the sourdough into pieces, toss the pieces into a food processor, and whirl it until coarsely ground.
3. Mix 2 tbsp of melted butter with the breadcrumbs and keep aside.
4. Boil 2 cups of water and add a tablespoon of salt to it.
5. Once the starts to bubble, add the macaroni and cook for 5-7 minutes until done. Drain it in a colander and keep aside.
6. In a pan, melt 6 tbsp of butter.
7. In a bowl, take about a tablespoon of dried mustard, add a few drops of water to it, a quarter spoon of cayenne pepper and minced garlic and mix well.
8. Add this mixture to the butter and sauté for a while.
9. Now add 6 tbsp flour to the pan, stirring it continuously so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
10. Add whole milk to the pan, stirring it continuously.
11. Now add the chicken broth and stir well. Cook for about 6 minutes until the mixture thickens.
12. Remove the pan from heat, add the grated cheese into it and stir well.
13. Now add the macaroni to the sauce and stir really well.
14. Transfer the mac and cheese in an oven-proof dish.
15. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of it and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
16. Remove from the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes and serve.
When you crave for something comforting to fork into on a busy weeknight, safely opt for mac n cheese. Healthy, full of flavor and cheesy goodness, this gooey, creamy, yummy dish is a wonderful mix of macaroni, cheese sauce, milk and butter. Super delicious and supremely easy, this video demonstrates how to make this classic favorite in a few simple steps. Watch this video and get whomping this comfort treat at home.