American Creamy Macaroni And Cheese
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon (For Sauce)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted (For Crumb Topping)|
1. Stir macaroni into a large saucepan of boiling salted water; cook, stirring often, just until it is tender; drain. Spoon macaroni into an 8-cup baking dish.
2. Make sauce: Saute onion in butter or margarine 1 minute; blend in flour, Worcestershire sauce and salt; cook, stirring constantly, just until bubbly.
3. Stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and bubbles 3 minutes; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over macaroni, then mix in.
4. Combine the bread crumbs and butter or margarine; sprinkle in a ring on top of the macaroni and cheese.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes, or until the center is bubbly-hot and the crumbs are toasty-golden.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2782 Calories from Fat 1297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 146 g224.3%
Saturated Fat 90.4 g451.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 428.5 mg142.8%
Sodium 3020.5 mg125.9%
Total Carbohydrates 256 g85.3%
Dietary Fiber 12 g47.9%
Sugars 45.5 g
Protein 103 g206.4%
Vitamin A 106.4% Vitamin C 16.3%
Calcium 238% Iron 43.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet