Ham Macaroni Bake
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cubed cooked ham||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Cook macaroni, drain and keep hot for Step 4.
2. While macaroni cooks, saute onion until soft in 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine in a medium-size skillet. Stir in flour, mustard and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, just until bubbly.
3. Stir in milk; continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles 3 minutes. Cut up half of the cheese slices; add to sauce, stirring until cheese is melted. Cut remaining cheese slices into 6 strips each.
4. Combine drained macaroni and ham in a buttered, shallow, 8-cup baking dish; pour the cheese sauce over; arrange cheese strips, spoke-fashion, on top.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes, or until bubbly-hot.
6. While casserole bakes, saute cherry tomatoes in reserved 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in a medium-size skillet 3 minutes, or just until the skins start to pop; mound on baked casserole just before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2526 Calories from Fat 1157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g201.8%
Saturated Fat 79.5 g397.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 380.1 mg126.7%
Sodium 1630.9 mg68%
Total Carbohydrates 232 g77.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.8%
Sugars 40.2 g
Protein 105 g209.3%
Vitamin A 84.3% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 220.1% Iron 41.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet