Ham Macaroni Bake
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cubed cooked ham||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cherry tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Cook macaroni, drain and keep hot for Step 4.
2. While macaroni cooks, saute onion until soft in 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine in a medium-size skillet. Stir in flour, mustard and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, just until bubbly.
3. Stir in milk; continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles 3 minutes. Cut up half of the cheese slices; add to sauce, stirring until cheese is melted. Cut remaining cheese slices into 6 strips each.
4. Combine drained macaroni and ham in a buttered, shallow, 8-cup baking dish; pour the cheese sauce over; arrange cheese strips, spoke-fashion, on top.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes, or until bubbly-hot.
6. While casserole bakes, saute cherry tomatoes in reserved 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in a medium-size skillet 3 minutes, or just until the skins start to pop; mound on baked casserole just before serving.