Cabot Creamery Macaroni And Cheese
|Small elbow macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Pinch (Cayenne)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), heated|
|Grated cheddar||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Cabot Vintage Choice / Private Stock)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions.
2. Butter a 2 1/2-quart baking dish or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle flour into butter and whisk constantly until you have a thick, smooth paste with a nutty aroma, about 5 minutes.
4. Add mustard, red pepper and Worcestershire. Gradually whisk in milk, stirring until sauce thickens and returns to a simmer.
5. Reduce heat to low. Add 3 cups of cheese; stir until melted. Stir in macaroni. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and then crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden on top and bubbling throughout.