Cabot Creamery Macaroni And Cheese
|Small elbow macaroni||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Pinch (Cayenne)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), heated|
|Grated cheddar||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Cabot Vintage Choice / Private Stock)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain macaroni according to package directions.
2. Butter a 2 1/2-quart baking dish or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle flour into butter and whisk constantly until you have a thick, smooth paste with a nutty aroma, about 5 minutes.
4. Add mustard, red pepper and Worcestershire. Gradually whisk in milk, stirring until sauce thickens and returns to a simmer.
5. Reduce heat to low. Add 3 cups of cheese; stir until melted. Stir in macaroni. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and then crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden on top and bubbling throughout.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4019 Calories from Fat 2193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 249 g382.7%
Saturated Fat 154.1 g770.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 751 mg250.3%
Sodium 3971.2 mg165.5%
Total Carbohydrates 248 g82.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.4%
Sugars 35.7 g
Protein 196 g391.1%
Vitamin A 151.9% Vitamin C 0.79%
Calcium 471.2% Iron 57%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet