Easy Baked Macaroni
|Elbow macaroni||1 Pound|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), diced|
|Onions||1 Small, diced|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Tomato paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
1. Prepare the elbow macaroni according to instructions in the package and intentionally cut the cooking time so that the macaroni is not well done (the macaroni will be fully cooked once baked) then drain and set aside.
2. Cook the Meat sauce.
2.1. Heat the cooking pot and put-in the butter.
2.2. When the butter is hot enough, add the ground beef and cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns medium brown.
2.3. Add the onion, green bell pepper, and diced tomatoes then stir and simmer for 3 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
2.4. Add the tomato paste and paprika then stir and cook for a minute
2.5. Add the beef cube and water then stir until everything is well distributed. Simmer for 20 minutes.
2.6. Put-in the sugar, salt, and pepper then mix well. Turn of the heat and set aside.
3. Cook the Mornay sauce
3.1 In a saucepan place the butter and allow to melt over medium heat.
3.2 Add the flour stir constantly for about a minute (color must be yellowish and not brown).
3.3 Slowly whisk in the milk and continue to whisk until the sauce thickens and comes to a boil.
3.4 Add salt and pepper then simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
3.5 Stir in the cheeses and whisk until melted.
4. Combine the cooked macaroni and meat sauce in a baking dish then toss until the meat sauce is well distributed.
5. Arrange the macaroni and pour the Mornay sauce over it. (Spread the Mornay sauce over the macaroni and meat sauce mixture ensuring that every space is covered)
6. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down a bit.
8. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!