Meals with Kat's family have always been a time of laughter, joy and GREAT food. One dish that Kat's grandmother Peaches used to make was her Home-made Macaroni and Cheese. This dish is not your standard Mac & Cheese dish.
1 Medium, beaten
Sharp cheddar cheese
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease an ovenproof bowl, or spray with non-stick spray.
3. In a small bowl dissolve mustard and salt in a tablespoon of hot water, and mix well to make a smooth paste.
4. In a pot of boiling water, put in the macaroni and cook for about 6 minutes or as per instructions on packet.
5. Drain the macaroni and leave it hot.
6. In a greased bowl, place the mustard paste, butter and beaten egg.
7. Put in a tablespoon of hot macaroni, mix well, put in the remaining macaroni and mix well to combine.
8. Add the cheese reserving about ½ a cup, and fold it well.
9. Stream the milk on top spreading it all over and flatten the top.
10. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, spreading it all over.
11. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until it is golden on top and the custard is set.
If you are trying your hands at cooking, here is a detailed Homemade Macaroni And Cheese recipe. Everyone loves this dish, so it’s good to try something that you like. And in this video, the chef has very detailed instructions so you will feel confident while cooking it. Moreover, this is chef's grandmother's recipe, tried and true, so you know the outcome will be delicious.