1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Using a sharp knife, split the lobster tail from center.
3. Loosen the meat from the shell and put it back in shell, do the same for all the lobster tails.
4. Arrange the lobster tail on a parchment lined baking tray.
5. Brush lobster meat with basting oil.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper over lobster tail.
7. Roast the lobster tail in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
8. Arrange the lobster tails on a serving plate.
9. Top each tail with a small dollop of shallot thyme finishing butter.Serve hot.
While checking for cooked temperature, probe meat thermometer in center of thickest part.
This recipe can also be made using béarnaise butter or truffle butter instead of shallot thyme finishing butter.