Lobster Tails with Spinach
|Lobster tails||1 Pound|
|Imitation butter flavoring||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (Small Clove)|
|Cooked spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
1) Clean the lobster and wash it thoroughly.
2) Using the kitchen scissor cut the lobster tails on the bottom side.
3) Cut and remove the cartilage on lower side to uncover the meat.
4) Place the crab on the broiling pan.
5) In a bowl, mix together garlic and spinach.
6) Spread the spinach mixture on a heatproof platter.
7) Dredge the meat with butter, just about 1 drop for each lobster.
8) Sprinkle the meat with salt, cayenne, lemon juice and paprika.
9) Broil the crab 4 inched below the heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until the meat turns bright red.
10) Remove the meat from the shell using the tip of a paring knife, taking care not to break the meat.
11) Place the meat over the spinach mixture.
12) Return to broiler and broil for 4 minutes more.
13) Serve immediately garnished with lemon slices and chopped parsley if desired.
When broiling the lobster, the meat colour changing from opaque to light pink or red is the indication that the lobster is cooked.
Be careful while serving as the platter will be very hot.
Calories 953 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.8%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1227.8 mg51.2%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.5%
Sugars 33.3 g
Protein 26 g51.2%
Vitamin A 353.4% Vitamin C 99%
Calcium 26.7% Iron 53.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet