Lobster Salad With Tarragon And Sweet Peppers
|Cooked lobsters||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Creme fraiche/Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh tarragon||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground white pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 Small|
|Minced fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lime wedges||3 (For Serving)|
1. Giving a twist and a pull, break off the tails from the lobsters. Then break off the knuckles and claws in 1 piece. Place 1 of the tails belly-up on a work surface and use sharp kitchen shears to cut through the thin underside shell. Remove the tail meat and set aside. Repeat with the remaining tails.
2. Using a lobster cracker or a nutcracker, crack the claws and knuckles, extract the meat and add it to the tail meat. Extract any other meat and discard all the shells. Cut all the meat into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the sour cream, lime juice, tarragon and white pepper. Fold the mixture into the lobster.
4. Roast the red and yellow bell peppers directly over a gas flame or under the broiler as close to the heat as possible, turning frequently, until charred all over. Transfer the peppers to a paper bag and set aside to steam for 10 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, scrape off the blackened skins and remove the cores, seeds and ribs. Rinse the peppers and pat dry. Cut the peppers into 1/4-inch dice. (The can be prepared to this point up to 1 day ahead. Cover the lobster salad and peppers separately and refrigerate overnight. Let return to room temperature before proceeding.)
5. Stir the chives and 2 tablespoons each of the diced red and yellow bell peppers into the lobster salad. Season with black pepper to taste. Garnish with the remaining diced peppers and lime wedges.
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.3 mg44.4%
Sodium 719.3 mg30%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 38 g75.4%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 189.2%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet