Broiled Live Lobsters
|Live lobsters||2 Pound|
1. Lay lobster on back on wooden board. To sever spinal cord, insert point of knife through to back shell where body and tail of lobster come together.
2. With sharp knife, split body lengthwise, and cutting through thin undershell and lobster meat and back shell. Spread open. Remove and discard dark vein and small sac 2 inches below head.
3. Leave in green liver (tomalley) and any red roe (coral). Crack large claws.
4. Lay lobster, cut side up, on rack of broiler pan. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika. Broil, 4 inches from heat, 12 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
5. Serve with more melted butter, in a small dish, and lemon wedges.