Lobster Tails Harlequin
|Frozen rock lobster tails||24 Ounce|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe olives||3 Ounce|
|Hot cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a large saucepan or Dutch oven with salted boiling water. Cook rock lobsters in it until tender, following package directions.
2) Use kitchen scissors to cut around the thin transparent under shell.
3) Remove meat and flake or dice.
4) Save the cleaned shells.
5) Take a chafing dish and melt 1/4 cup butter in it.
6) Add green pepper and cook until tender.
7) Add flour, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Stir and blend nicely.
8) Gradually stir in chicken broth, cream and milk. Cook until mixture becomes smooth and thick, stirring constantly.
9) Add ham, sherry, olives and lobster meat. Mix well.
10) Keep warm over hot water.
11) Toss rice with 3 tablespoons of butter. Pile into cleaned lobster shells.
12) Toss rice with three tablespoons butter; then pile into cleaned lobster shells (Fan out the end of tail for a more desirable appearance).
13) Top rice with Parmesan cheese.
14) Keep warm in slow oven (around 250° F) until serving time. Rub under broiler long enough to toast cheese, if desired.
15) Serve chafing dish of lobster sauce surrounded by rice in shells.
Calories 585 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.7%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.5 mg53.2%
Sodium 956.2 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet