Barbecued Rock Lobster (Crayfish)
|Rock lobster/Crayfish||1 Medium (Live)|
|Lemon juice||1 Dash (Good Squeeze)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Kill the lobster by plunging the knife into the head, aiming between the eyes and between the tail and body shell. You have to have a firm grip.
2. Use kitchen towels to protect yourself from the spines that are very sharp.
3. Now, slice the lobster into two lengthwise pieces from the centre. Also, discard the dark vein running through the tail of the lobster.
4. Glaze melted butter over the lobster meat and slice the on grill about 4-inches from coals and cook for 6-8 minutes. Turn the meat and spread the butter in thick layers.
5. Sprinkle some lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the lobster is thoroughly cooked till the thickest part.
7. Keep brushing with butter constantly while cooking.
8. Serve the lobsters with Beurre Noisette or dabs of butter.
9. To make the serving companion Beurre Noisette, melt butter and continue to cook until a light nut brown. Keep shaking the pan at regular intervals.
10. Pour in the remaining ingredients and swirl around in pan. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1372 Calories from Fat 1050
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183.6%
Saturated Fat 73.5 g367.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 821.3 mg273.8%
Sodium 666.5 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 74 g147.4%
Vitamin A 75.8% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet