Tournedos Of Lotte With Lobster And Lobster Butter
|For lobster butter|
|Lobsters||2 1⁄2 Pound (2 Whole, 1 1/4 Pound Each)|
|Clarified butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, coarsely chopped|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , trimmed and coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Fresh thyme sprig/1/4 teaspoon dried thyme||1|
|Fresh tarragon sprig/1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon||1|
|Unsalted butter||3 Pound (12 Sticks)|
|Tomato paste||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|For lotte and sauce|
|Skinless monkfish fillet||36 (18 Pieces, 2 Ounce Each)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Clarified butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped shallot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cognac||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
2. In a sauce pan, heat water and cook the lobsters for 8- 10 minutes until soft.
3. Once done, let the lobsters come to room temperature and the pull the meat from the shells.
4. Keep it aside in a covered bowl and refrigerate.
5. Reserve the shells.
For lobster butter
6. In a big saucepan, put 2 tablespoons of clarified butter and heat.
7. Once heated, add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme, bay leaf and tarragon.
8. Saute the vegetables on high flame for 3 minutes.
9. Once done, stir in the shells with 2 tablespoons Cognac and mix well for 3 minutes.
10. Put butter and tomato paste in the pan and cook it well for 2-3 hours after covering.
11. Once cooked, filter the liquid by pressing the solids with a spoon.
12. Keep the liquid in a pan and let it stay for 15 minutes.
13. Take cheesecloth and filter the liquid.
14. Repeat the process to get rid of all particles.
15. Put the liquid in small jars and refrigerate.
16. For lotte and sauce
17. Dry the lotte with a towel and season with salt and pepper.
18. In a skillet, heat ½ cup clarified butter on medium high flame.
19. Stir in lotte and fry until golden from all sides.
20. Toss shallot in the skillet and cook for 2 more minutes.
21. Add ½ cup Cognac and stir for a minute.
22. Once done, place on warm serving paltes.
23. In the skillet add cream and cook until it diminishes by half.
24. Put the remaining cream and let it thicken enough to coat a spoon when dipped.
25. Lower the flame and gradually add ½ cup lobster butter in the skillet by stirring continuously.
26. Once the sauce is ready, filter it.
27. Add the lobster meat after making small pieces of it.
28. Cook the sauce for 2 minutes.
29. In between the lotte pieces, pour the sauce.
30. Top with sauce and parsley and serve hot.