Baked Parsley Stuffed Lobster
|Live lobsters||5 Pound (4 Small Size, 1 1/4 Pounds Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted (2 Sticks)|
|Unsalted soda cracker crumbs||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Crushed unsalted soda crackers||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Drop live lobsters into a very large kettle of boiling salted water; cover. Lower heat; simmer 10 minutes or until lobsters turn red. Remove at once with tongs; drain; let cool enough to handle.
2. Place each lobster on its back and cut down middle with scissors, being careful not to cut through hard shell of back. Press lobster open so it will lie flat. (If necessary, crack shell of back in a few places.)
3. Lift out the pink coral (roe), if any, and green tomalley (liver). Discard stomach sac or "lady" from back of head, black vein running from head to tail and spongy gray tissue. Brush meat with some of the melted butter or margarine. Place lobsters on cooky sheets.
4. Mix cracker crumbs, parsley, paprika and salt in a medium-size bowl; drizzle with the remaining melted butter or margarine; toss lightly to mix. Pack into opened lobsters, dividing evenly.
5. Bake in hot oven (425°) 15 minutes, or until meat is hot and topping is golden. Place on individual, large platters; garnish with watercress and lemon wedges, if you wish.