|Water||2 Quart (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Salt||2 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Fresh dill/Parsley||1 1⁄2 Pound|
1. Fill a large deep kettle or sauce pot having a tight-fitting cover about 2/3 full (or enough to cover the lobster) with hot salted water.
2. Bring water rapidly to boiling. Grasp lobster by the back and plunge head first into the water.
3. Cover, bring water again to a rolling boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 to 20 min. Drain and cover with cold water to chill. Drain again. Place shell-side down on a cutting board.
4. Twist off the two large claws, the smaller ones and the tail. With a pair of scissors cut or with a sharp knife slit the bony membrane on the underside of tail. Remove and discard the intestinal vein. Using a sharp knife, cut completely through tail crosswise into 1 1/2 in. pieces. With a sharp knife, cut lobster into halves; cut completely through entire lengh of body and through shell. Remove and discard the intestinal vein running lengthwise through center of body. Remove and discard stomach (a small sac which lies in the head) and spongy lungs (which lie in upper body cavity between meat and shell).
5. If present, remove and reserve the tomalley (green liver) and the coral (bright red roe) to be used along with lobster meat or as a garnish. Using a sharp knife, cut the body crosswise into 1 1/2 in. pieces.
6. Chill pieces of lobster and the claws in refrigerator. When ready to serve on the smorgasbord, arrange pieces of lobster and claws on a platter, shell-side up, to resemble a whole lobster. Garnish lobster with fresh dill or parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.5 mg79.2%
Sodium 3093 mg128.9%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57.2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 71 g141.1%
Vitamin A 1053.7% Vitamin C 963.9%
Calcium 153.7% Iron 253.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet