Deep Fried Lobster And Vegetables
|Deep fried lobster cubes||5|
|Canned button mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), canned|
|Snow peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chinese cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh ginger root slices||2|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||3 Drop|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Deep-fry lobster as in recipe above (marinating it as in the first variation). Drain and set aside.
2. Slice canned button mushrooms, snow peas, bamboo shoots, onion and water chestnuts. Slice Chinese cabbage stems and celery, both diagonally. Crush garlic.
3. Mince ginger root; then combine with oyster sauce and sherry.
4. Heat oil and sesame oil. Add salt, then garlic; stir-fry a few times. Add vegetables and stir-fry 2 or 3 minutes.
5. Add ginger-oyster sauce mixture; stir-fry 1 minute more.
6. Add stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 3 minutes over medium heat.
7. Meanwhile blend cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and cold water to a paste. Then stir in to thicken. Add lobster cubes only to reheat