Lobster Tails Flambée
|French lobster soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Pernod||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound|
|Lobster tails||12 Large, frozen|
|Finely chopped shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley/Tarragon / chervil||4 Tablespoon|
|Hollandaise sauce||8 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||6 Ounce, whipped|
1. Cook the lobster soup for 10 minutes till it reduces.
2. In a chafing dish saute the shallots until garden. Add the mushrooms and herbs.
3. Drop frozen lobster tails into boiling salted water. Return to boiling and simmer 3 minutes.
4. Remove cooked lobster tails and place under running cold water until cool enough to handle. With scissors cut along each edge of bony membrane on the underside of shell; remove meat.
5. Add lobster tails and stir until they are thoroughly heated, about 2 minutes. Pour the liquor into 2 glasses, pour into the pan, and set aflame. Have a cover handy to quench the fire if necessary.
6. When the fire is out, add the soup and whipped cream.
7. Add seasonings. This must be done at great speed or the lobster will get tough.
8. Remove pan from heat and stir in the Hollandaise sauce.