This is one of the first things I ever taught myself to bake and I've made it so many times I don't need to look at the recipe any more! I prepare this dark, rich, banana bread using a food processor so it mixes up in no time at all...which is good because the loaf bakes for 2-1/2 hours! The relatively large amount of baking soda and the long baking time at a low temperature produce this very dark and delicious bread so if you have the time it's a great recipe - and the house smells amazing for hours! Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate that you took the time to visit!
3 Medium, ripened
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Canola oil/Vegetable oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
All purpose flour
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Keep aside.
3. In food processor, add the bananas and beat until smooth.
4. Add in the sugar, baking soda, salt and beat until well combined.
5. Add in the eggs, vegetable oil and blend for about 1 minute until well combined.
6. Stir in the flour, milk over the wet mixture and blend until just combined for a few seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and process for few more seconds.
7. Take the greased pan, pour the batter into it and spread it evenly, and smooth out the top.
8. Bake it in the oven at 275 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours or until the tester comes out clean.
9. Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let the loaf sit in the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove and let the loaf cool completely on a rack before serving.
10. Cut the loaf into desired slices and serve with tea or coffee.