Persimmon Orange Nut Loaf
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Land O Lakes Brand)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Land O Lakes Brand, Use Either Regular, Light Or Non-Fat)|
|Ripe persimmons||2 , peeled and pureed to make 1 cup|
|Grated orange peel||2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans/Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar/If desired||2 Tablespoon|
|Softened cream cheese/If desired||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
1) Heat oven to 350°.
2) In a large mixer bowl, combine sugar, butter and oil.
3) Beat at medium speed, for 1 to 2 minutes.
4) Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue beating till smooth.
5) Add in sour cream, persimmons and orange peel and mix well.
6) Continue beating, gradually adding all the remaining ingredients except pecans, powdered sugar and cream cheese.
7) After 2 minutes, by hand, stir in the pecans.
8) Add the batter into 2 greased and floured 9x5-inch loaf pans.
9) Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
10) Cool for 5 minutes and remove from the pans.
11) Dust the loaves with powdered sugar.
12) Serve warm or cool with cream cheese.