Health and Fiber Rich Beef and Walnut Loaf
|Onions||2 , roughly chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , blanched and peeled|
|Stewing beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Finely chopped walnuts||2 Ounce|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Wipe the meat clean. Trim it and mince along with the onion and tomatoes.
3) In a bowl, add in the beef mixture, walnuts, paprika, salt, pepper and egg. Mix well.
4) Using your hands shape the beef mixture into a mound. Place it over a greased baking tray. Flatten the top of the mound lightly.
5) Place the tray in the centre rack of the oven.
6) Bake for about 15 minutes.
7) Turn down the oven temperature to 350F and bake for another 35 minutes. The meat mound must turn firm and brown.
8) Slice the Beef and Walnut Loaf into wedges.
9) Serve hot with creamed potatoes, cooked courgettes or jacket potatoes and coleslaw on the side.
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.5 mg43.5%
Sodium 342.4 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 26 g51.1%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet