Lemon Cream Tea Loaf
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Softened butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sifted powdered sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a bowl add cream cheese and butter. Cream well.
3. Gently add sugar and beat until fluffy.
4. Break eggs and add one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. Stir into the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Begin and end with flour mixture.
7. Blend well after each addition.
8. Add pecans and mix.
9. Grease and flour two 8 1/2- x 4 1/2- x 3-inch loaf pans.
10. Spoon the mixture into it.
11. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
12. In a bowl mix lemon rind, lemon juice, and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
13. Pour the mixture over hot loaves.
14. Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
15. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.
16. Serve sliced.
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.3%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.3 mg31.1%
Sodium 310.7 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet