|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dates||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Pecans||4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped|
|Pecan||1 Pound, halves|
1) In a saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, and butter.
2) Gently heat while stirring, till mix is well blended.
3) Raise the heat and cook to a firm-ball stage.
4) Add in the dates and lower the heat.
5) While stirring, allow to simmer, till the dates are dissolved.
6) Beat till lukewarm.
7) Stir in the chopped pecans.
8) Dampen a 24-inch square cloth and place over thick pad of paper towels.
9) Spread the pecan halves on the cloth.
10) Pour the candy down the center of the cloth.
11) Bring both sides of the cloth over the candy, pressing the pecans deeply into the candy.
12) Roll the candy smoothly in cloth.
13) Refrigerate for several hours.
14) Slice and serve.