|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pitted dates||2 Pound|
|Maraschino cherries||8 Ounce, drained (1 bottle)|
|Walnuts||2 Pound, shelled|
|Brazil nuts||1 Pound, shelled|
1. Grease three 8 1/2 X4 1/2 X 2 1/2" loaf pans.
2. Preheat the oven at (325°).
3. In a bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
4. Add (do not chop) dates, cherries and nuts.
5. Stir to coat nuts and fruit with flour.
6. Beat eggs well and stir in vanilla.
7. Mix into flour-nut mixture (easiest to do with hands).
8. Spoon into greased loaf pans.
9. Bake in the preheated slow oven 1 hour until browned.
10. Let it cool and then slice.
11. Serve the slices.