Fruit And Nut Loaf
|Dates/Other dried fruit||4 Ounce, roughly chopped (115 Grams)|
|Soya milk||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Black treacle||3 Ounce (85 Grams)|
|Vegan margarine||2 Ounce, softened (55 Grams)|
|Plain wholemeal flour||12 Ounce (340 Grams)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Barbados sugar||3 Ounce (85 Grams)|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, roughly chopped (55 Grams)|
1) Take a bread tin and grease and flour it. Keep it to warm.
2) Wash, clean and dry dates.
3) In a saucepan, warm milk, treacle and fat together until just melted.
4) Mix dry ingredients and sugar. Mix well.
5) Now add fruits and mix well. Fold in milk mixture and make a smooth batter.
6) Transfer the batter into the bread tin and bake for about an hour at 325 degrees.
7) Serve the fruit and nut for snacks.