Cinnamon Swirl Loaf
|Flour||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs), sifted (7 - 7 1/2)|
|Butter||1 , softened|
|Active dry yeast||1|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crisco||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°
2. Grease two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans and set them aside till required
3. In a large mixer bowl of an electric mixer, tip in the 3 1/2 cups of the flour and the yeast and run the mixer to combine the flour well
4. In a saucepan, pour in the milk, the 1/2 cup sugar, the Crisco, water, and salt and heat the mixture till it start to melt. Ensure that the Crisco starts to melt
5. Add this to the dry ingredients in the mixer bowl and gradually beat in the eggs. Beat this mixture on low speed for ½ minute while scraping the side of the bowl constantly to ensure that everything is mixed in well. Beat this for three minutes.
6. By hand, add in a little more flour to make solid soft dough. Remove the dough on to a lightly floured surface and knead well till smooth.
7. Place in lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let the dough to rise in warm place until double. This will take about 1 1/2 hours. Punch down the dough after this time and let it rest for ten minutes and then divide the dough into two halves.
8. Roll each dough half into 15x7-inch rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick.
9. In a small cup, mix the 3/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon till it makes a complete mix.
10. Brush the surface of dough with water and sprinkle all but two tablespoons of the mixture on top of the rolls. Roll up the jelly roll fashion, beginning with narrow side. Seal the long edge of the roll.
11. Place the roll in the prepared pans and let it rest till they rise to almost double in size. This will take 45 to 60 minutes.
12. Brush the loaves with melted butter and sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes till done.
13. Cover loosely with foil in the last ten minutes of cooking if the crust starts to brown quickly.
14. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
15. Drizzle with confectioners sugar glaze and serve warm or cold
Calories 275 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 4 g20.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.6 mg9.9%
Sodium 176.3 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 4% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet