Golden Gate Salad Loaf
Butter or margarine - as needed, softened
Bologna - 1 1/2 Pmmd piece, cut in 1/2-inch cubes (2 cups)
Radishes -1/2 cup, sliced
Mayonnaise - 1/3 cup
Pickle relish - 1/4 cup
Pepper - Dash
Lettuce - 2 cups, shredded
1. Lengthwise cut French bread in half; reserve top half for future use.
2. From the bottom half of the loaf, cut a thin slice from bottom to make the bread sit flat.
3. Using a spoon, scoop center to make a slight hollow.
4. Spread softened butter on the hollow side.
5. In a bowl, mix bologna and radishes.
6. In another bowl, bend mayonnaise, relish and pepper.
7. Add mayonnaise mixture to the bologna mixture and toss gently to coat.
8. Into the bottom of the buttered hollow, line with shredded lettuce and spoon bologna mixture on top.
9. Garnish sandwich with sweet pickle slices and radishes, if desired.