Quick Savory Loaf
|Onion sauce mix||1 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Lean minced beef||1 Pound (450 gram)|
|Streaky bacon||4 Ounce, rinds removed and chopped (100 gram)|
|Fresh brown breadcrumbs||3 Ounce (15 gram)|
|Worcestershire sauce||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F or Gas Mark 5.
2. In a bowl stir all the ingredients well to mix.
3. Into a greased 675 g/1 1/2 lb loaf tin press the mixture lightly.
4. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated moderately hot oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours until set.
5. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Cool quickly, chill in the refrigerator then wrap in foil. Seal, label and freeze.
6. To serve the frozen dish, remove wrappings, thaw at room temperature for 4 hours and serve cold, or reheat in the tin in a preheated moderate oven (160°C/325°F or Gas Mark 3) for 30 to 40 minutes and serve hot.