Whole Wheat And Oat Loaf
|Whole wheat flour||10 Ounce (275 gram)|
|Rolled oats||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Wheatgerm||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soured cream||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Ounce, softened (25 gram)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
1) Grease a 450 g/1 lb loaf tin.
2) Heat the oven to (200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6).
3) In a bowl, put the dry ingredients and stir well to mix.
4) Mix together the sour(ed) cream, butter and eggs, then add to the dry ingredients.
5) Beat the ingredients well to mix.
6) On a floured surface, turn the dough and knead until smooth.
7) Shape into an oblong and place in the greased tin
8) Bake in the preheated moderately hot oven for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
9) On a wire rank, turn out the loaf and leave to cool.
10) Pack the loaf into a rigid container.
10) Seal the container, label it and place in the freezer.
11) On a serving platter, place the frozen loaf.
12) Let it thaw at room temperature for around 2 hours and serve.