|French bread loaf||1|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 g)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4.
2. Cut the loaf into 2.5cm/1 inch thick slices without cutting right through the base.
3. In a mixing bowl, put the all the ingredients and beat well to mix, then spread between the slices.
4. Spread any remaining butter on the top and sides of the loaf.
5. To freeze: wrap in foil, and then pack in a freezer bag.
6. Seal and return to the freezer; label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
7. To thaw: put the foil-wrapped loaf on a baking sheet and bake at 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4 for about 20 minutes.
8. Fold back the foil to uncover the loaf, increase the heat to 220°C/425°F or Gas Mark 7 and bake for a further 10 minutes until crisp.
9. Serve as Garlic Loaf as an excellent accompaniment with soup.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1634 Calories from Fat 889
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154%
Saturated Fat 60.9 g304.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.8 mg81.3%
Sodium 1527.2 mg63.6%
Total Carbohydrates 170 g56.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.8%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 34 g67.7%
Vitamin A 56.8% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 62.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet