Cherry Orange Loaf
|Corn oil||4 Fluid Ounce (120 ml)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Castor sugar||5 Ounce (150 g)|
|Self raising flour||10 Ounce (275 g)|
|Glaze cherries||1⁄2 Pound, quartered (225 g)|
|Orange||1⁄2 , rinded and finely grated|
1) Take a deep 18 cm/7 inch cake tin, grease it and line the bottom with greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment.
2) Heat the oevn to (180°C/ 350°F or Gas Mark 4).
3) In a bowl, put the oil, eggs, milk and sugar and beat together until well mixed.
4) In a seperate bowl, sift the flour and salt and stir in the cherries and orange rind.
5) Beat the flour mixture gradually into the oil and egg mixture, then spoon into the prepared tin.
6) Bake in a preheated moderate oven (180°C/ 350°F or Gas Mark 4) for 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
7) Let the loaf to cool in the tin, then turn out and remove the paper lining.
8) Wrap the loaf in foil and pack in a freezer bag.
9) Seal the bag, label and freeze.
10) Thaw the loaf in wrapping at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
11) Slice the loaf and serve.