Banana Coconut Loaf
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Ripe bananas||3 Medium, mashed (1 cup)|
|Almond flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), medium-grind|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut up|
1) Grease a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
2) In a bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy.
3) Add sugar and melted butter beating until smooth
4) Add mashed bananas and flavorings, blend thoroughly.
5) In second bowl, stir all the remaining ingredients until well blended.
6) Add to the batter and stirring just to moisten.
7) Transfer the batter to greased loaf pan.
8) Bake the bread at 350°F (180°C) in oven for about 1 hour until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9) Let the loaf stand for 10 minutes.
10) Remove from pan and place on cake rack to cool.
11) Wrap to store.
12) Slice the loaf in desired size and serve with tea or coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3270 Calories from Fat 1301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g231%
Saturated Fat 76.5 g382.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg221.6%
Sodium 2416 mg100.7%
Total Carbohydrates 459 g152.9%
Dietary Fiber 22.1 g88.6%
Sugars 271 g
Protein 45 g90.6%
Vitamin A 70.7% Vitamin C 46.8%
Calcium 77.2% Iron 83%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet