Cherry Spice Loaf
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Almond flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut up|
|Glazed cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Grease a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
2) In a bowl, beat eggs lightly.
3) Add sugar and oil, beat well.
4) Gradually add milk and almond, beating until well blended.
5) In second bowl, stir baking powder, soda and salt with flour.
6) Add raisins, nuts, cherries and dates.
7) Add the mixture to the batter and stirring just to moisten.
8) Transfer the batter to greased loaf pan.
9) Bake the loaf at 350°F (180°C) in oven for about 45 minutes and test the doneness by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean the loaf is done.
10) Let the loaf stand for 10 minutes.
11) Remove from pan and place on cake rack to cool.
12) Wrap in plastic bag to store.
13) Slice the loaf in desired size and serve with tea or coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4148 Calories from Fat 1443
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g253.6%
Saturated Fat 25.9 g129.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 439.9 mg146.6%
Sodium 1701.5 mg70.9%
Total Carbohydrates 640 g213.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.4 g89.4%
Sugars 413.1 g
Protein 57 g113.6%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 61.7% Iron 100.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet