|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Mixed spice||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce|
|Mixed dried fruit||4 Ounce|
|Candied peel||1 Ounce|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to mix)|
1. Grease and flour a ½ pound loaf tin.
2. In a bowl, add self raising flour, mixed spice, salt, margarine, caster sugar and rub together.
3. Separately, whisk egg and add to the flour mix, add the candied peel and mixed dried fruits and continue to rub.
4. Add sufficient milk to the mix till a dropping consistency is achieved.
5. Pour the cake mixture into the floured loaf tin and bake at 200 degrees centigrade for about 90 minutes.
6. Cool on a wire rack, and serve at room temperature.