Date Pineapple Loaf
|Crushed pineapple with juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey/Sugar 3/4 cup /175 ml||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. In a saucepan, heat pineapple until hot.
4. Take away from heat. Add in dates and soda. Stir well. Then cool.
5. In a mixing bowl, mix in butter, honey, egg and vanilla. Stir in date mixture.
6. In a second bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Put the flour mix into the batter. Stir to moisten.
7. Transfer into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
8. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
9. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.