Favorite Nut Loaf
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (Packaged)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. Keep cream cheese at room temperature.
4. In a bowl, beat cheese, sugar and one egg together well. Keep aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, whisk remaining two eggs until frothy. Add in oil, milk and lemon rind, and mix.
6. In a third bowl, measure in flour, sugar, brown sugar, soda, salt and walnuts. Stir to mix well.
7. Transfer all at once into egg-milk mixture. Stir until moistened.
8. Transfer half of batter into greased loaf pan.
9. Add the cheese mixture over it.
10. Top it with the remaining batter by dropping small spoonfuls here and there.
11. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 15 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
12. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.1%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114 mg38%
Sodium 707.7 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 25.8 g
Protein 13 g26.1%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet