Zucchini Coconut Loaf
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currants/Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), been boiled in 1 cup or 250 milliliter water for 2 minutes and drained|
1. To a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan, apply butter or margarine.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
3. Take a mixing bowl, beat egg, oil and sugar with a hand blender. Add in zucchini and vanilla. Stir well.
4. In a different bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut, walnuts and the fruits. Mix well.
5. Transfer all the dry mixture at once into butter mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
6. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.1%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg11.7%
Sodium 438.3 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 34.9 g
Protein 7 g13%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 6% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet