The Great Pumpkin loaf
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, add in softened cheese, butter and sugar. Using a hand blender, cream well. Beat in one egg at a time until blended. Add in pumpkin and stir.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves, walnuts and cinnamon.
5. Transfer all the dry mixture at once into the wet mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
6. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices, apply butter or cream over them and serve. Or wrap and store.