Apricot Cheese Loaf
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut up|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (1 Small Package Or 1/2 Cup)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cut up dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Grease a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
2) In a small bowl, place apricots and pour boiling water over them.
3) Let them cool.
2) In a bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
3) Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth
4) Add cooled apricots and water to sugar mixture, blend thoroughly.
5) In second bowl, stir flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt and dates.
6) Add to the batter and stirring just to moisten.
7) Transfer the batter to greased loaf pan.
8) Bake the bread at 350°F (180°C) in oven for about 1 hour until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9) Let the loaf stand for 10 minutes.
10) Remove from pan and place on cake rack to cool.
11) Wrap to store.
12) Slice the loaf in desired size and serve with tea or coffee.