Apricot Cheese Loaf
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut up|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (1 Small Package Or 1/2 Cup)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cut up dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Grease a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
2) In a small bowl, place apricots and pour boiling water over them.
3) Let them cool.
2) In a bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
3) Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth
4) Add cooled apricots and water to sugar mixture, blend thoroughly.
5) In second bowl, stir flour with baking soda, baking powder, salt and dates.
6) Add to the batter and stirring just to moisten.
7) Transfer the batter to greased loaf pan.
8) Bake the bread at 350°F (180°C) in oven for about 1 hour until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9) Let the loaf stand for 10 minutes.
10) Remove from pan and place on cake rack to cool.
11) Wrap to store.
12) Slice the loaf in desired size and serve with tea or coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3344 Calories from Fat 778
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g136%
Saturated Fat 48.5 g242.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 644.4 mg214.8%
Sodium 2981.2 mg124.2%
Total Carbohydrates 600 g200.1%
Dietary Fiber 31.3 g125.2%
Sugars 375.8 g
Protein 50 g99.9%
Vitamin A 154.6% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 110.5% Iron 123.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet