|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl, whip up shortening by adding sugar.
3) Add eggs and combine.
4) Combine flour and baking powder.
5) Alternately, add the flour mixture and milk, with the egg mixture.
6) Fold in lemon rind and sprinkle salt.
7) Use a greased loaf pan to place the batter.
8) Place the pan inside oven to bake for 45 minutes.
9) In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup white sugar and juice of 1 lemon.
10) Spread the lemon mixture on top, while the bread is still hot.
11) Allow to cool on a rack.
12) Slice the bread to serve.