Cranberry Orange Loaf
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3 Fluid Ounce, mixed with water (Extracted From 1 Fruit)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Make Upto 3/4 Cup)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon (From 1 Fruit)|
|Whole cranberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Use Either Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Chopped walnuts/Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. In a medium sized bowl, add butter, sugar and egg in mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Add in juice and stir.
4. In second bowl, add in flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Mix well. Add in orange rind, cranberries and nuts. Mix.
5. Mix until everything is just moistened.
6. Transfer into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store. However, it tastes even better the next day.
Calories 447 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg18.5%
Sodium 388.5 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.6%
Sugars 35.8 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 24.1%
Calcium 12% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet