Fruit And Nut Loaf
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄8 Cup (34 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Glazed fruits||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Currants/Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat an oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. Using a hand blender, cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Add in eggs one at a time and whisk until smooth. Add in milk, vanilla and almond flavoring; and mix well.
4. In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Add in fruit, raisins and nuts and mix.
5. Transfer all at once to butter-egg mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
6. Transfer into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.