Vanilla Raisin Loaf
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Light Colored)|
|Dark raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and 1 egg. Beat in second egg. Add in milk and vanilla, blend well.
4. In a second bowl, measure in flour, baking powder, raisins and salt. Mix well.
5. Transfer all the dry mixture at once into the wet mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
6. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices, apply butter or cream over them and serve. Or wrap and store.
Allow to ripen a day or two to improve flavor.