Curried Salmon Loaf
|Lemon flavored gelatin||3 Ounce|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Eggs||2 , hard cooked, sliced|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon, finely minced|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Medium, washed, peeled, sliced|
|Canned salmon||1 Pound, drained, flaked (1 can)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
1. Add lemon juice with salt to gelatin dissolved in hot water. Allow the mixture to chill until it slightly thickens.
2. Transfer a part of the mixture into a 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan, top with egg slices, sprinkle capers and chives and chill until the mixture turns firm.
3. Pour a little more of gelatin mixture and arrange a cucumbers atop it.
4. Prepare a mixture of salmon, mayonnaise, and minced onions and spread evenly atop cucumber slices.
5. Pour leftover gelatin mixture above this and chill until firm.
6. Arrange salad greens in a serving platter; unmold the Curried Salmon Loaf on it, slices into 6 equal portions and serve with hot pepper sauce.