Hot Sausage Loaf
|Fresh pork sausage||1 Pound (bulk)|
|Onion||1 Medium, minced|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained, chopped and liquid reserved (1 can)|
|Soft bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sharp prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Undiluted evaporated milk/Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Lightly grease the (9x5x3 inches) loaf pan with 1 tablespoon of butter.
3) In a bowl, mix with hands, sausage, onion, mushrooms, crumbs and dry seasoning.
4) Stir in the mustard, hot pepper, egg, milk or cream and enough mushroom liquid to moisten.
5) Stuff the mixture lightly in the loaf pan.
6) Sprinkle with paprika.
7) Bake in the oven with 1 hour.
8) Remove the pan from oven and let it san for 10 minutes, before turned out.
9) Slice and serve plain or with a sauce of thinned mushroom soup.