Sunland Vineyard Loaf
|Seedless raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Sun Maid)|
|Sherry||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Hot roll mix||13 3⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon (for brushing)|
1. In a small bowl, add the chopped raisins and stir in sherry.
2. Cover bowl and let them soak for at least 1 hour until plump.
3. Dissolve the yeast from the mix package in warm water and let stand for 10 minutes until frothy.
4. Grease a (9-inch X 5-inch) loaf pan and dust it with flour.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
6. In a large mixing bowl, combine the hot milk, butter, and sugar.
7. Stir until sugar dissolves and milk is lukewarm.
8. Add the egg and dissolved yeast.
9. Add the hot roll mix and beat with a wooden spoon until well blended to form a sticky batter like dough.
10. Add the soaked and drained raisins and nuts and mix well.
11. Cover the bowl with a clean kitchen cloth and set aside in a warm place to rise and double in bulk.
12. Knock out air by beating the dough with wooden spoon and turn into prepared pan.
13. Place the pan in a warm place and let loaf stand again to prove and rise over the rim of the pan.
14. Place on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
15. When the crust is lightly browned and loaf sounds hollow, remove from the oven.
16. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then invert onto a wire rack.
17. Let cool completely.
18. Wrap the cooled loaf in foil and let rest for 24 hours before serving.
19. Slice and serve with cream cheese or preserves.