|Cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|Cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Eggs||6 , well beaten|
|Butter sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Salted water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||5 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Into a bowl, put the cottage cheese and work into it the softened butter.
3) Add the diced ham and mix well.
4) Season the eggs well with salt and pepper.
5) By degrees, work the eggs into the ham and cheese.
6) Into a greased 1 ½ to 2-quart ovenproof mold, pour the entire mixture.
7) In a pan of water, stand the mold and put it into the preheated oven. Bake for about 1 hour, till the mixture is set.
8) Turn the preparation out onto a dish. Keep warm.
9) To make the butter sauce, in a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter.
10) Add the flour and stir well till the ingredients are blended.
11) Gradually add the water till all of it has been absorbed. Keep stirring constantly so that there are no lumps.
12) For about a minute or two, let the mixture boil.
13) Take the pan off the heat and stir in the remaining butter as the sauce stops boiling. To make the sauce tastier, add some cream to the butter during the final minutes of cooking.
14) Serve the Farmer-€™s Loaf hot with the butter sauce. Makes a good appetizer. Can also be served cold with a salad.
Calories 654 Calories from Fat 476
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.9%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 467.2 mg155.7%
Sodium 655.6 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.25 g1%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 33.4% Vitamin C 0.59%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet